50% of the world’s bluebells found in the UK.
The iconic blue-purple flowers traditionally begin blooming in the warmer south and the shimmering carpets spread further north as the season progresses. Around half of all bluebells in the world are found in the UK and our native species is protected.
Some Top Bluebell’s site around Scotland :
- Glen Finglas (Brig ‘o’ Turk) Loch Lomond & the Trossachs National Park
- Cumbernauld Glen, North Lanarkshire
- Fairy Glen, Fortrose, Highland
- Culzean Castle & Country Park, Maybole, South Ayrshire
- Balmacaan Wood, Inverness, Highland
- Glasdrum Wood, Oban, Argyll & Bute
- Carron Glen, Denny, Falkirk
- Dalkeith Estate, Midlothian
- Loch of the Lowes, Blairgowrie, Perth & Kinross
- Pepper Wood, Kirkliston, Edinburgh
- Cathkin Braes Country Park, East Kilbride, Glasgow